7 Ways To Boost Your Energy And Mental Focus
We all need more energy during our day. There are times when we deal with too much activities and no time for resting. However, the real issue appears when we need way more energy and mental focus than we actually have. Also, a huge problem is when we need to rest and cannot fall asleep. In this article, we will give you several tips that will help you be a better you.
- Have a persistent sleep schedule. For instance, if you have a busy weekend and stay up very late then don’t expect to be fresh on Monday morning. In case you enjoy staying up late on the weekend then you should sleep on Sunday and be relaxed on Monday.
- Do not consume sugar and caffeine in the morning. Instead you should eat protein and different low fat products for breakfast. This is because the human brain requires protein and also the organism doesn’t acumulate it. You need a smaller meal for breakfast so you can try a cup of low fat milk and a slice of cheese or a bit of nuts. Avoid pure carbs and stay away from bagels.
- Nap for about five to ten minutes about lunch time. Simply close your eyes and relax for ten minutes and you will feel fresh again to start your afternoon. Moreover, this is especially effective when you lack concentration. Try it!
- Increase the intake of water and fluids. Nowadays, we hear how water intake is crucial and that is absolutely true. Numerous Americans are dehydrated all the time because they drink too much coffee, tea and sodas that contain caffeine. Additionally, all of this drinks can affect the kidneys and cause bladder inflammation. For this matter you should always keep a bottle of water with you and hydrate your organism all the time. The best way to drink more water is to make it work, for example set a goal and refill your bottle of water after some activities that you do.
- Workout on a regular basis. I realize that this is not easy to accomplish because we all have busy lives. If you are not fit and in good shape you will experience short breaths and fast heart rate any time you will have to take the stairs or do the household chores. In addition, try to walk any time you have a chance. Do not go everywhere with your car and always take the stairs instead the lift. Try to be the example for your loved ones and enjoy a family walk once in a while.
- Tell jokes and laugh a lot! I am serious about this, laughing keeps the doctor away. Laughing has numerous positive effects on our organism since the brain substances that provoke pleasure, peace and happiness are stimulated with laughter. You can always laugh if you watch a good comedy or hang out with your favorite folks.
- Do not get into fights and avoid hanging out with negative individuals. They can make you feel bad as well and you don’t need that. Pesimistic people will only suck your energy and fill you with bad mood and thoughts.
- Take good supplements on a daily basis. The food and the eating regimen we practice nowadays lacks the proper amounts of the beneficial nutrients the body needs.